Due to our difference in biology, heart attacks may not feel the same in women as it is in men. Understanding and recognizing the unique symptoms can mean life and death for women suffering from a Heart Attack. Here are some of the common heart attack symptoms for women from WebMD so you can recognize any warning signs .
- Chest Discomfort – While men also experience chest pain, women may experience more of a squeezing sensation. Beware that it does not necessary have to be on the left side of the chest where the heart is.
- Stomach pain – You may be asking, it is a heart attack, why would my stomach hurt? Severe abdominal pressure in the stomach could be a sign of a heart attack instead of a heart burn.
- Sweating – Nervous, cold sweat is different than regular sweat from exercising. If this form of sweating comes suddenly, then you may be experiencing a heart attack.
- Pain in your Jaw, Neck, Back, or Arms – These symptoms are more common in women than men during a heart attack
- Lightheadedness or shortness or breath – Sudden experience of these symptoms without even moving could be a sign of a heart attack
- Fatigue – You may feel extreme tiredness even without moving much during a heart attack
If any of the symptoms are present, it is best not to delay getting help and call for emergency immediately!
A-1 Home Care is a non-medical homecare agency that provides a variety of in-home care services. If you or a loved one is recovering from a heart surgery, suffering with kidney disease, we can help provide specialized care such as Alzheimer Care, Diabetic Care, Cancer Care, Arthritis Care, Brain Injury Care, Incontinence Care, Parkinson Care, After Surgery Care, Hospice Care, and other elderly needs. . We serve the Orange County communities of Anaheim Hills, Santa Ana, Tustin, Irvine, Garden Grove, Villa Park, Brea, Fullerton, Yorba Linda, Diamond Bar, La Habra, Los Alamitos, Newport Beach, and others in Orange County.